2010年10月16日星期六

The Detroit Blog - One year. One city. Endless opportunities. - TMoncler Jassen OnlineMoncler Outlet

Audio ,Moncler Jassen Online

TIME's Madison Gray talks to Detroiters about issues and events affecting the city and its residents. Check back frequently for updates.

Download | Subscribe

Detroit (575) Michigan (184) business (181) Urban Affairs (158) politics (120) The economy (119) Education (110) Art and artists (88) crime (88) Essay (62) society (51) auto industry (43) Nonprofits (40) Working (37) sports (29) housing (29) Media (26) suburbs (23) Film industry (22) Transportation (20) Environment (18) Author (17) music (16) Shopping (14) National Security (10)

I've heard a lot of intriguing ideas about reshaping our communities over the? years,Moncler Outlet, but one that's always stayed with me has been the notion of attracting investment into local businesses through a community stock exchange. I can't remember where I first heard the concept, but it's seemed to make sense to me from the very moment I heard it, and I always wondered why more people didn't at least explore the idea -- especially in places like Detroit.


There are assorted iterations of the concept, but my on-going fascination with TEDx (shout out to TEDxDetroit at Wayne State, too) recently led me to a video clip featuring a cat named Michael Shuman, who is the director for research and economic development for the Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE). Shuman's the author of a book called The Small Mart Revolution,Moncler Jas, which came out two years ago. He's also an economist,? an attorney and a devout advocate for the advantages of small and localized businesses amid increasing globalization.


In the clip,Moncler Sito Ufficiale, he gives one of the best explanations I've heard yet of how local stock exchanges can work. Shuman's take seems simple enough: Investing in local businesses will make for much the national stimulus we so desperately need, and local stock exchanges are an ideal vehicle to help get us there. Since I can't possibly do the man's ideas justice in this short space,UGG Bailey Button Triplet, I'll just let you check out his speech below and make your own assessment. (You can also read this piece he wrote on topic if you feel like downloading the pdf.)


After you vet the ideas Shuman puts forward,Chaussures UGG Pas Cher, let me know what you think: Could an idea like a localized stock exchange,UGG Australia, on a city or state level,Giubbotti Moncler, say, work to revive Detroit?


          


相关的主题文章:

没有评论:

发表评论